AND THE WINNERS ARE…
The panel of judges has spoken, and here are the winners of the 2018 Adopt-an-Alp contest:
– Galen LeGrand, Skagit Valley Food Coop, Mount Vernon, WA
– Jenn Martella, Piazza Italian Market, Easton, MD
– Beth Falk, Mill City Cheesemongers, Lowell, MA
– Adam Shutes, Boston Cheese Cellar, Roslindale, MA
– Shelli Morton, World’s Best Cheeses East, Boston, MA.
These five winners will go to Switzerland on a full paid trip from Thursday, June 13, to Thursday, June 20, 2019.
This year we have our first second time winners. Galen LeGrand was part of our first contest trip in 2016. To win a second time shows his dedication to the cause as well as his innovative thinking. The same is true for Piazza Italian Market who was represented in 2017 by Brandy Williams, this time Jenn Martella will go on the journey. Beth Falk and Adam Shutes are first time participants – and did a great job in promoting transhumance.
A first is also that we awarded the best Adopt-an-Alp seller from our partner World’s Best Cheeses. And – probably to no surprise – Shelli Morton came out on top.